The University of Maine has licensed SoldiEdge for use on University owned/leased equipment.
Additionally, the software may be installed on one home computer utilized for University purposes, providing you are a registered faculty member, staff member, or student of the University of Maine.
Your University of Maine UMS login and password are required to download software for any of the links below.
Please note: by entering your login information for any of the following links you agree to all of the terms and conditions listed here and those provided by software manufacturer.
All connections and downloads from this site are logged and closely monitored by the University of Maine to insure compliance with our agreement with Siemens Corp.
Solid Edge 2019
Solid Edge 2019 has been certified to run on the following:
- Windows 10 Enterprise or Professional (64-bit only) version 1709 or later
Internet Explorer 11
Internet Explorer is not required to be the default browser. Solid Edge does not support the Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft Office Professional 2013, Microsoft Office Professional 2016, or Microsoft Office 365.
Solid Edge ST9 was the last release to support Office 2010.
- Solid Edge 2019 is 64-bit only. Solid Edge ST6 was the last release of 32-bit Solid Edge.
- Windows Home and Windows RT are not supported.
- We recommend that you do not run Solid Edge on Server operating systems.
- Solid Edge stops certifying new releases against an operating system shortly after Microsoft drops mainstream support for it. Solid Edge 2019 will not install on Windows Vista or Windows XP. Microsoft dropped mainstream support for Windows 7 in January 2015. Microsoft dropped mainstream support for Windows 8.1 in January 2018. Solid Edge 2019 continues to install on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. However, if there is a problem specific to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, we cannot guarantee that a fix can be provided if support is required from Microsoft.
- Solid Edge 2019 is the last release to install on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
SolidEdge v10 ONLY work with the following versions of Windows:
- Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate and Pro (64-bit only) with Service Pack 1
- Windows 8 (or 8.1) Enterprise and Pro (64-bit only)
- Windows 10 Enterprise or Pro (64-bit only)*
SolidEdge v10 DOES NOT work with Windows XP or Windows Vista.
* Note: On Windows 10, .NET Framework 3.5 needs to be installed before starting setup, otherwise setup will fail. It can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21
You may be presented with some optional components to download, but you shouldn't need those. Once the .NET Framework is installed, run the installer for SolidEdge. Windows 10 testing is still ongoing, and there may be some unexpected issues. An update is expected fairly so to address possible issues with Windows 10.